Monday, January 21, 2008

Juice Fast Day 1

Today I started my juice fast. I haven't determined all of the details or rules that I will attempt to follow. I've been contemplating whether coffee or teas should be eliminated and thought that I may enjoy them without "cheating" on the fast. I'll likely add them to the banned-for-now list but started today with a single cup of coffee.

Lunch consisted of my first fresh fruit juices. Since I don't have a strainer yet, I'm also drinking the pulp but will purchase a strainer and a few other necessary supplies tonight or tomorrow. The first blend was:
- 1 apple
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 1 pear
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 cup of blueberries

The mix is pretty tasty although from previous juice mixings, I'm anticipating it may end up being too sweet for continued consumption. A good mix for kids though I'm guessing as it has a nice flavor. The above made about 28 ounces of juice.

Weight: 176.5 lbs
Waist: 40"
(waist measured around navel, fully extended -- no sucking it in for this one!)

No comments: